WHAT'S NEW

Two men die of electric shock while fishing

by 04 October 2017 Last updated at 15:32 PM

Two men were found dead after their electric fishing tool generated high-voltage current in the water in a field in the central Quảng Bình Province yesterday.

 

The field where the two men were found dead. — Photo news.zing.vn
Viet Nam News

HÀ TĨNH — Two men were found dead after their electric fishing tool generated high-voltage current in the water in a field in the central Quảng Bình Province yesterday.

Phạm Văn Vinh, 41, and Nguyễn Tuấn, 26, died of electric shock in the field in the province’s Quảng Phương Commune, before locals attempted to rush the men to a local hospital.

Vinh went fishing in the field near his home with electric rods, which use a converter to generate high-voltage electricity from batteries.

A wire from the converter’s outlet fell into the water right where Vinh stood, giving him an electric shock. Tuấn rushed into the water to rescue Vinh, but also got hurt.

Police in the commune said they are investigating the case.

Fishing using those particular electric tools is prohibited in the country due to danger to users, and because the massive killing reduces the number of fish. However, farmers continue to illegally use the tool.

Fishermen use a chargeable car battery connected to a converter and a bamboo rod with a metal piece stuck at the end, to fish. High-voltage electricity helps kill the fish before the farmers harvest the fish using a net. — VNS

 

Tags:

Top VND Exchange Rates

Auto-refesh 15m

USD

EUR

AUD
1 VND
Inverse:
0.00004
22,510.0
0.00004
25,226.0
0.00006
15,674.0

Mid-market rates: 2022-08-14 10:53 UTC

WEATHER FORECAST