Credit growth hits 13.5% in 10 months

by VTV414 November 2017 Last updated at 22:29 PM

Credit growth hits 13.5% in 10 months - Credit growth in the first 10 months of the year through October reached 13.5%, the National Financial Supervisory Commission said in a latest report.


Medium- and long-term loans accounted for 53.7% of total lending while short-term loans made up the remaining 46.3%. During the 10-month period, capital mobilisation grew by an estimated 12% from 2016-end, lower than a 14.7% expansion in the same period last year. It noted that bank liquidity remained stable at low levels in October, evidenced by inter-bank interest rates sliding 20 points from the previous month.

Recently, the Government in September revised the credit growth target for this year to 21%-22% from the initial 18% to support economic growth.